A STUDY ON THE RELATIONSHIP AMONG SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AND ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN TEXTILE INDUSTRY OF TAMILNADU.
Author’s Name : K.Rajini | G.Mohanraj
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-7289 Page no: 4-7
The purpose of the study is to examine the supply chain structure of the Textile industry in Tamil Nadu. Textile industry is one of the traditionally well-developed industries in Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu has a strong production base and accounts for about 1/3 rd of Textiles production in the country. The study aims at examining the existing structure of the supply chain at every level from raw material to the garment production until it reaches to the customer. The study also focuses on investigating the major supply chain challenges and aims at suggesting the proper supply chain framework. The study finds that the Tamil Nadu Textile industry is facing many supply chain issues such as inventory management, quality control, lead time, collaboration, technology and logistics which are almost faced by all the companies all over the supply chain.This paper presents preliminary findings and appropriate supply chain strategic suggestions.
Textile industry, supply chain management, supply chain practice, Flexibility Performance.
- Green Jr., K. W., Whitten, D., & Inman, R. A. (2008). The impact of logistics performance on organizational performance in a supply chain context. Supply Chain Management, 13(4), pp.317-327.
- Mason-Jones, R., Naylor, B., & Towill, D. R. (2000). Lean, agile or leagile? Matching your supply chain to the marketplace. International Journal of Production Research, (38), pp. 4061-4070.
- Fisher, M.L. (1997).What is the Right Supply Chain for Your Product? Harvard Business Review, 75 (2), pp.105-116.
- Vickery, S. K., Jayaram, J., Droge, C., & Calantone, R. (2003). The effects of an integrative supply chain strategy on customer service and financial performance: an analysis of direct versus indirect relationships. Journal of Operations Management, 21 (5), pp.523-539.
- Stevens, G. C. (1990). Successful supply-chain management. Management Decision, 28 (8), pp.25-30.
- Supply Chain Management of Textile Industry: A Case Study on Bangladesh Vol. 1, No. 2, September 2012, Int. J Sup. Chain. Mgt.