POWER TRANSFORMER COOLING SYSTEM AND PROTECTION CONTROL USING PLC LOGIC
Author’s Name : Rajesh Kumar.K | Arun.D | Vignesh.V | Yazhini.A | Infant Raj.A
Volume 07 Issue 01 Year 2020 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 18-23
Abstract: Our project deals with the Power transformer (shortly called G.T) located between Generator and Grid through suitable switch-gears. Here temperature of oil and winding plays the major role and has to be controlled within the limit of PLC may be introduced in the place of present control logic – to start cooling fans (Forced Air Cooling), Oil pumps (Forced Oil Cooling), to monitor oil level, Oil Flow, Buchholz relay – thereby initiating Alarm and Trip signals for related operation and maintenance convenience.
PLC, temperature, Power transformer, Buchholz relay ,GT
- A. Bryan and E.A. Bryan., “Programmable Controllers – Theory and Implementation” (Second Edition).
- Hugh Jack., “Automating Manufacturing System with PLCs (Version 5.0).
- Course Book in STEP 2000 Series, Siemens Technical Educational Program.
- Rehg J., Muller, B., “Teaching PLCs with the IEC 61131 standard languages”, ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, 2000.
- Guo, L., Pecen, R., “Design Projects in a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Course in Electrical Engineering Technology”, ASEE Annual.
- Guojin Chen, Ming Xu, Tingting Liu, Jing Ni, Dong Xie, Yanping Zhang (January 16-17, 2013), “Intelligent Control System of Transformer Cooling Based on DCS andDualPLC,Fifth Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation, Hong Kong, China.
- Hurezeanu, C. I. Nicola, D. Sacerdo܊ianu, M. Nicola, A. M. Aciu and M. C. Nitu, “Temperature control and monitoring system for power transformer winding using fiber optic sensor”, proceeding of IEEE, International Symposium on Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, University politehnica of Buchrest, Romania, June30- July2,2016.
- Tenbohlen, Senior Member, IEEE, N. Schmidt, C. Breuer, S. Khandan, and R. Lebreton “Investigation of thermal behavior of oil directed cooled transformer winding”, proceedings of IEEE, on 2016.
- M. Neethu, Anil Das, Sarath S. NithinPremsy and Anagha VJ. “Smart transformer using PLC and SCADA”, proceedings of IEEE, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development Vol.3, No.6, June 2016.
- Guojin Chen, Ming Xu, Tingting Liu, Jing Ni, Dong Xie and Yanping Zhang, Hangzhou Kelin Hangzhou, Zhejiang “Intelligent control system of transformer based on dcs and dual plc”, proceedings IEEE Fifth Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation on 2013.